Yule Tree

notes from August 10, 2006:

I realized that I haven’t updated this blog in a while. I lost my stitching mojo for a bit there, as well as being on a camping vacation last weekend. Anyhow, seems the bug has bitten again, as today I got quite a bit of stitching done on this Yule Tree.

I think the stitching is about half done. There isn’t much back stitching involved, so after I do what the pattern calls for I’m going to see if I think anything else needs emphasized.This piece was supposed to be one of my small, quick, easy projects as a break from egyptian and corte. But the confetti, it is killing me. Once I get some reference points stitched, counting becomes easier. Today one of the first things I did was all the candles so I could locate for the medium green with less hassle. I do like this piece. Not sure how I’ll finish it. It will probably end up in my drawer with all the other pieces that I don’t know how I’ll finish. heh.

Dec 12, 2006:
Ta-da! A finish. It’s a bit blurry because I snapped a pic instead of scanning it. I think if I were to do this one again, I would use two strands of silver metallic blending filament for the snowy bits. I used a Kreinik #4 braid for the centers of the candle orbs, rather than beads. The pattern is out of ‘A Christmas to Remember’ published by Leisure Arts. Overall, I am pleased with the results.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s